1. Summer has come to NTX, and with it the rains have vanished. We are using our sprinkler system, just to water the foundation, and part of the front, for a few minutes a day.
2. The pool has been a welcome addition ot our lives. We have made good use of it, though it has cost us a fair bit this year, with the need to buy a new heater for it. Still, the chance to use the spa and heater in the cold months will be SO worth it!
3. It is nice living out here, more rurally than we used to. WE can actually buy and shoot off fireworks! DH grew up with his parents running a fireworks stand, as a summer side business, so this is something he has wanted to share with the kids for years. Where we used to live it was a $2000 fine if the cops caught you in possession/shooting fireworks.
4. I'm really excited for a chance to get some real training for weightlifting in July! I noticed that there was an Aasgaard Co. Squat Camp in Ft Worth, and there were still openings. DH couldn't attend as he has callout (pager) duty that week. But I got to sign up! Aasgaard is the company that Mark Rippetoe is part of, and I really like his training info and style. It will mean an early morning, and long (3hr) drives both ways, but I think it will be worth it.
5. And this week marks the first time we have fostered a dog. The local shelter, of which we are now members, was having an event last Saturday. We went out to drop off some small supplies, and turn in our foster app. There was a man adopting a midsized mixbreed dog, who, as a truckdriver, wasn't going to be able to come back thru town to pick up the dog until Friday. The shelter needed a short term foster to care for her after spaying, until the new owner could come get her. That turned out to be us! She's a sweet thing, very gentle and appropriately submissive to our pack, but loves to give kisses. I'm glad we could help her out.
|This little foster sure knows what the kitchen is for!|