|Happy Birthday my sweet Cody!|
Saturday, February 28, 2015
Friday, February 27, 2015
1. I want my 70*F and sunny days back! I am yet again, facing a forecast of snow and ice, and cold. It's not that usual in DFW to have this sort of weather,but at least it is some form of precipitation, so maybe the area lakes will benefit.
2. I always knew that countries rose and fell throughout history, but I never really thought it would happen here, now, in my lifetime.
3. I've really been enjoying the weightlifting I have been doing this winter. I am seeing some positive body changes, and I really like seeing my lift numbers going up. I will never lift really heavy like the guys can, but I do pretty well so far, for an over-50 woman!
4. We have been selling off some accumulated 'stuff' via ebay. Hopefully this will help pay for the major fence repairs we will be doing this spring once it warms up. I think we are all tired of ducking under the mule tape that is holding up the north side fence run.
5. Somebody is always following me around, especially if I wander into the kitchen. He thinks it is always Time To Feed The Dog!
|It's THAT time, Mom!|
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Sunday, February 22, 2015
Saturday, February 21, 2015
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
The Book of Barkley, life and love thru the eyes of a Labrador retriever.
The Book of Barkley
You can either click the link above, or click on the pic on my sidebar.
It is currently#5 in sales on Amazon, and I would like to see it make #1 if possible. Since it is free right now I am hoping you all will help me out. Send copies to your friends too--it costs you nothing, but it would mean a lot to my friend. Btw, all her profits from the book really do go to help various animal rescue organizations.
Sunday, February 15, 2015
|Cheerwine and Ginger Beer|
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
|I'm a good dog, Mom! Treat please!|
Indy and I headed over there around 8:30 this morning. The office was not crowded, but Indy was a little nervous and whiny. After getting weighed in (84# thank you very much!) we saw the vet. He did an impression smear of the lesion, where they press a glass slide onto the surface to pick up cells for microscopic exam.
We waited for the doc to come back, which Indy liked, since by then I had found the treat jar in the exam room! Hungry dog is easily distracted.... And when the doc came back, he gave us a smile, and told me it was a Cutaneous Histiocytoma, totally benign, and should resolve itself (go away) in another 2 months without treatment. YAY! No surgery, no big vet bill, and no Cone of Shame! I dread ever having to place Indy in the Cone of Shame...Cody was bad enough, knocking everything possible over by bulling past it. I can only imagine the utter destruction Indy would wreak if forced to wear the Cone of Shame in my home.
|Just say NO to the Cone of Shame, Mom!|
And in other good news, Roy was able to find us a good match for after Cody has crossed the Bridge. His name is Ranger, and he is a young handsome boy! More on Ranger in future posts.
Saturday, February 7, 2015
Wednesday, February 4, 2015
I find myself sitting in the waiting area off the MRI place this morning, happily full of coffee, cookies and peanut butter crackers. DH is getting a scan of his wrist as the doc now suspects a fractured scaphoid. So why am I grumbling?
Because yesterday, as I was happily looking through Half Price Books, my phone rang. It was my bank, informing me my bank card had been hacked (again! ). Crap. I hate this. This time it was fraudulent charges to some website in Italy, to the tune of over $400. Fortunately, the bank denied the charge, but now I am stuck carrying cash or writing checks.
I try hard to be careful in using my card in public or online. I use Paypal when I am able, as it adds another layer of security. But you cannot use Paypal everywhere.
It is so annoying. I am not liable for the fraudulent charges, merely inconvenienced. But I am still pissed.
So if you hear me grumble at you, now you know why, and that it really isn't you I am grumbling about.