Wednesday, November 26, 2014

What are you thankful for?

As Thanksgiving in this country approaches, a city in Missouri burns, the fires stoked by the race hustling poverty pimps.  It's enough to give one pause to think, "Just what am I thankful for?"

Honestly, I am thankful for a whole lot this year!  I am thankful for the resolution of various medical issues in my family this year, including my thyroid diagnosis and treatment.  I am incredibly thankful that DH's apnea has been fixed!  I really was getting scared I would lose him back in the spring. (I never told him that, but I guess he knows it now...)  I am thankful for my mom's continued health.  My kids are getting the chance I never had, to know their grandparents and to make those memories to last their lifetimes.

I am thankful for my faith, and the love and support of our congregation.  I am thankful I live in Texas, where we have a bit more freedom than in other states.  I am so thankful to have the husband I do--he loves and supports, and encourages me when I need it most.  (He even puts up with my moodiness that strikes at times.) I am truly blessed to have him in my life.

I am also blessed and thankful for my friendships--some lifelong, others newer.  Some even have grown out of that which is shared publicly, on the web.  It is a joy to find such kindred spirits out there.  It gives me hope, hope for this country, and the generations to come.  Thank you all, my friends!

And dogs?  I can't forget to count my blessings of the Hounds.  Yes, for over 30 years of my life, I have been lucky enough to share my homes with hounds, large and small.  Once as a child, it was a dachshund, and now it is Ridgebacks...and my house is truly a home with them in it.



6 comments:

  1. All excellent thankfuls! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bouts of moodiness too. I get rather pensive sometimes. Here lately I seem to grieve longer and harder than before. Don't know where that comes from.
    I enjoyed your post. Dogs are always a blessing, in my book. So thankful y'alls medical issues are "fixed". I pray that good fortune continues.
    Happy Thanksgiving To You And Yours! ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friendship off blog has been a blessing Vic. It's like having a sister out there to share with and talk with and giggle like kids over silly things with. Thank you for that this year. It was an incredible gift after hard times, losing both my dog and my only brother at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted a Ridgeback and sometime I think, if something ever happened to my two, I would pursue it. Yet, I am getting older...yes, like us, you have a lot to be thankful for!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessed to have your company - even if it's long distance . . you are a wonderful gift. Thank YOU for giving me a moment to consider many of my own - most excellent adventures . . and outcomes.

    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh there is so much to be thankful for. I am happy you are doing well. Your Ridgebacks are so beautiful. Hug B

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.