Linking up at www.aruraljournal.blogspot.com for Random 5 Friday.
1. I got our wood chipper (from the auction) back from the small engine repair shop. Motor runs fine now, but sadly the blades are so dull that it isn't really chipping anything. So we opted to burn the brush piles.
2. We suffered our first chicken loss yesterday. Pepper, one of the two Barred Rock chicks died. She had been a little "off" the last few days, but we don't know why. Hopefully it isn't contagious.
3. In a belated celebration of Earth Day, w are burning the huge brush pile from our downed tree to make ah to improve the soils for our big garden!
4. We plan on finishing the chicken coop this weekend. The chicks will appreciate the extra space, and DH will be happy to get his shop space back.
5. DH is quite good at splitting wood by axe o.r maul. I'd like to learn/get better at it. Maybe the new Fiskars axe will work for me.