Friday, September 15, 2017

It's been one of those weeks...

To start off the week, I broke my cell phone.  As I use it for many tasks, including as my training log for weightlifting, not having it, has been disruptive!  I did co-opt Monkey1's phone for the duration, until I can get my replacement, so people who know me, can call or text me.  But everything else I use the phone for is kaput!

Then this week saw the return of Homeschool Co-op!  The kids were excited.  I, as the parent, get to teach a class.  I got lucky and my entry of Strength and Conditioning was picked.  Alas, I cannot do barbell training with the kids, as I don't want the liability, and it's far to labor intensive to disassemble, transport, reassemble, etc, my power rack, and several hundred pounds of iron!  So we are doing bodyweight conditioning to start, and adding dumbell/kettlebell weights as we progress.

Since I mostly do cycling and barbell training, my high-rep endurance is suffering.  Yes, my own class kicked my butt today!  At least I was able to do the work though.  Hopefully, my own class will help me up my conditioning level, though it won't help me for strength.

This morning, before Co-op, I got an email from my 3rd hour instructor for yong kids Archery class.  He wasn't going to be able to be there today, and would I, the assistant, take over?  Of course, but since he has all the targets, we ended up playing kickball, and freeze tag instead.  Ayt least they burned off some excess energy.

Finally, the North Texas Giving Day went well for TIRR Rescue.  I want to take a moment to thank eveyone who donated in support of TIRR.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  This rescue is near and dear to my heart--all our dogs have come through TIRR.  And your support of TIRR Rescue means a lot to me!

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to switch to bodyweight training for Strength & Conditioning! Bummer about the phone though. Nice to read you can also coach archery. (I tried to sign my son up for the PTO afterschool archery this term, but they require at least 8 kids and there weren't enough kids for the class offered on the only day he could go.)

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.