Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Bonfire Day

Being of English/Irish extraction, I grew up with a passing familiarity with Guy Fawkes Day, as celebrated in the UK (at least how it was described to me by my father).  Living in the country now, we can have a bonfire wherever there is no burn ban in effect.  This is handy, especially since we are heating with wood this winter, and have a fair bit of scrap from the trees we've been cutting.

So last week we began to pile up the burnables, in order to have our Nov. 5th bonfire, though we won't have a dummy to burn in effigy (too much hassle, and far too many politicians to choose from!)  I might even wrap a couple potatoes in foil to cook 'em in the coals.

1 comment:

  1. Potatoes cooked like that are awesome! And make handy handwarmers when kept in pockets! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.