Friday, October 6, 2017

Small watercraft advisory

There is a small flat bottomed boat up here, that gets used sometimes to go out on the pond to fish from.  This year the paddle was broken, and the pfd is floating somewhere in the pond, growing moss I believe.

DH and I picked up a new paddle at Cabela's and we tested the waters, so to speak.  This of course inspired two Monkeys to beg for their own chance to paddle the pond!  They all swim well, and are not allowed tip boat without direct supervision, so we were not too worried.
Just a bit nervous!

Initially Monkey3 got in and was too scared to do much. So her big brother, who had one paddle Texoma at Cub Scouts camp had to take his turn.  He did rather well, and this convinced his sister to go again, overcoming her great and successfully navigating the pond near shore.

Like an old pro!


Second time's the charm.

Let's go fishing!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! looks so peaceful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new place has a lake/pond and my nephew brought his boat similar to yours. My only rule is no one gets on the water without a life jacket. No one. It is a relaxing activity...if that's not an oxymoron - laughing.
    Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.