Here is my Random 5 for this week. I have not been as diligent about posting these lately, as my bloggin muse seems to be on vacation.
1. Our house purge continues. We are trying to get rid of a bunch of accumulated junk, trash, and unwanted items. Eventually we will get to the garage. That will be a major job there!
2. Summer is here in NTX. Daily temps are holding at 99*F, and overnight only cooling off to the low 80's. Humid too. Go figure, summer in the South. All things considered, it's cooler than normal this time of year.
3. As usual in July, we have been watching the Tour de France on tv. It has been a rough race this year for the riders with many crashes and serious injuries, including a broken neck, broken back, broken shoulder, broken collarbones, and a ton of road rash. Two more days of racing to go....Chris Froome will likely win.
4. Made a painful mistake last night while grilling fajitas. The very hot BBQ lid had been set down behind me, I stepped back away from the grill, and touched the back of my calf against it. Got a pretty major burn, which now is about the size of a racquetball. It hurt like the dickens last night, but this morning isn't hurting. Thank goodness for Water Jel and Silvadene Cream!
5. Water Jel is an amazing product! Used for minor and not so minor burns, it comes in various dressing sizes. When opened, the dressing is soaked in something that looks like runny vanilla pudding. This is the Jel. It keeps the wound moist, and stays very cool, which eases pain. Just apply per instructions (I used the stretch mesh to hold everything in place). This product can be purchased online from a lot of locations, but I personally use Chinook Medical. It really deserves a place in your personal first aid supplies!