Ah, the interminable joys of waiting. Sort of like the old military adage about Hurry up and Wait... we are now in that window of time, where we are waiting to close on the sale of this house, and waiting for the date to be set for the closing on the house we are buying. And through all that, juggling the times of the dual leasebacks, and when everybody gets to take full possession of their houses. Or something like that.
After we close here, the timeline will hurry up some, as we will know the exact date we have to vacate. Getting OUT of here will not be that difficult, as most of our stuff is already gone. One big 26' truck will handle everything with room to spare (all the better to empty out storage units with, eh?). I'm hoping our move-in schedule can be accelerated some, but I just don't know, at this point.
Once we close up 'there', everything is locked in to a schedule. The dogs will go on vacation out at TIRR during the move, so they don't get too rattled, or scoot out an open door. We will pick them up after we build their temporary run at the new place. They'll be fine I think, after a couple days of getting to know the new place.
We do plan to look into helping out with the local animal shelter in town. They do a lot of good work there, and of course we will still be helping out when we can with TIRR. And if the kids and I end up living at TIRR for a few days, then we will help out a LOT! There's always pens that need cleaning, and dog bedding that needs laundered.