Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Blah...

I felt it coming on last night...the headcold that inevitably ends up in a chest infection for me, along with a cough that tends to last for months if it gets settled in real good.  Monkey3 started the whole affair, being sick a week and a half ago.  She got better.  She shared this evil vileness (virus) with her sister, Monkey1, who saw fit to share it with yours truly.  Joy to the world, and all that...

With a boatload of OTC meds on board last night I managed to sleep well enough, but today is not going well.  There's the low grade grinding headache.  There's the ever-present sinus drainage, which I know is just dyin' to set up shop in my lungs.  There's the swollen lymph nodes under the jaw...and the partially obstructed eustachian tubes, so my ears don't want to stay equalized.

Oh to add insult to this cold, the weather is supposed to get ugly again starting late tonight/tomorrow, with a massive wet cold front booming in from Canada.  Current long range forecasts guesses are for up to half an inch of ice accumulation by Friday night or Saturday morning.
 
Today
cloudy Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
nt_cloudy Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain after midnight. Lows in the upper 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Gusts up to 30 mph.
Thursday
rain Cloudy. A chance of showers in the morning...then rain or light freezing rain likely in the afternoon. Much colder. Temperatures steady in the upper 30s. North winds 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
Thursday Night
nt_rain Rain and light freezing rain likely in the evening...then light freezing rain after midnight. Colder. Ice accumulation around three tenths of an inch. Lows in the upper 20s. North winds 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent. Wind chill readings as low as 17 to 22.
Friday
rain Cloudy. A chance of light freezing rain or light sleet or rain likely in the morning...then a slight chance of light freezing rain and light sleet in the afternoon. Colder. Ice accumulation around two tenths of an inch. Highs in the upper 20s. North winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Wind chill readings as low as 11 to 16.
Friday Night
nt_cloudy Mostly cloudy. Lows around 20.
Saturday and Saturday Night
nt_cloudy Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of light freezing rain and light sleet. Highs in the upper 20s. Lows in the mid 20s.
Sunday
cloudy Mostly cloudy with a chance of light freezing rain and light sleet in the morning...then partly sunny with a slight chance of rain and light sleet in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Last time, they guessed wrong and we didn't get the ice as it was a degree too warm.  I don't know if we will be so lucky this go-round.  If we do get the ice badly, it's going to mean DH and friend can't get to the Larue/Aimpoint event this weekend, and the Monkeys and I cannot make it to the Santa Paws/dog adoption events.  I really hate leaving my friends in the lurch for the adoption--we were excited to be going, and they were counting on us to help manage the hounds for the adoption side of the event.

DH says he will spend the weekend/evenings in the garage working on stuff.  I suspect I will crash early and try to sleep this thing off.  Meanwhile, since Barkley is getting such good face-time on his driver Brigid's blog, I thought I would leave y'all with a recent picture of my new dishwasher.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yuck, that's such a bummer to get a cold AND the weather is nasty. Try to sleep as much as possible. I use Cold-Eeze throat lozanges (hurries that cold along) and gargle frequently with warm, salty water. Works for me every time. Hope you're feeling 100% soon.

    I quit going to pet 'adoptions'. I want to take them all home and can't. It's too depressing.

    I like the new dishwasher. My 80 lb Boxer, Lucy, like to "help" with the dishes too. *ha ha*

    God bless! ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture!

    I hope you feel better soon. Not fun!

    We are expecting ice too this weekend. I usually grocery shop on the weekends, but I went ahead and got it done today, so I don't have to bother in an ice storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do hope you are feeling better by now I am a little late. Oh I so have to go shopping, never found time yet. The dishwasher is very interesting isn't it? Take care. Hug B

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.