2015 Cycling goals
1. To double my 2014 total mileage (or more!). This means riding at least 4,365 miles by 23:59hrs, 12/31/15. That's roughly what DH rode this year alone, and he missed 4mo of riding. It works out to 84 miles a week. That's not too hard to manage, provided the weather cooperates. Now that I have a comfortable recumbent, that is also looking like a fast bike even for this old engine, it shouldn't be too horrible a goal.
2. I want to do a sub-7 hour (moving time) imperial century. I may try to do that at Hotter 'N Hell 2015 if I am feeling strong enough, especially considering the potential for high heat and winds out at Wichita Falls. HHH just tends to bring out the best in riders, so maybe I can hit this goal there. My last century was in 2012 at 7:44:32 for about 103mi (forgot to turn gps on at the start but it did capture 100.7mi) and a 13.0 moving avg.
3. To enjoy riding BAK 2015.
4. That all of my family avoids serious illness and injury in 2015.
5. To remember on every ride that DFL>DNF>DNS. (that's from a sig line I saw on BROL)