Saturday, June 14, 2014

Busy busy busy...

It has been a busy week this week, which is my excuse for not posting more.  Of course there is life with a new dog, who needs watched with eagle eyes, lest he chew something he shouldn't (Monkeyboy's HALO Legos,) or pee inside (on Monkey1's raincoat which happened to be left on the floor by the door.  HOW did it get there???).  He's only had two accidents so far, and both were by the doors, so I think (hope) he is trying to tell us he wants out but we are missing the signal sometimes. 

Then there was the chaos when DH blew up his rear wheel on his recumbent, when the derailleur (rear, SRAM x9) overshifted into the rear wheel, and causing the chain to wrap irreparably around the space between the drive side spokes, and the cassette.    This chewed halfway through about half the drive side spokes on his lovely handbuilt wheel.  This led to a call to Pat at the bike shop to see if she would be willing and able to rebuild it in time for NEXT weekend's Tour de Cure ride that DH does.  Fortunately, Pat took pity on us, and I drove to Sherman Thursday morning, and dropped off the wheel, along with the tandem wheel that needs work (but doesn't have a time crunch issue--we only need it by July.

Since DH is riding the 'bent today in the Collin Classic, he had to find a new rear derailleur Wednesday night to have enough time to install and tune it.  Did you know it is nearly impossible to find a 9speed SRAM x7 or x9 rear derailleur in DFW in stock?  And if you do find one, it is priced like it is made of unobtainium!  And now you know...  Oh and I let him dogrob the rear wheel off my recumbent so he could ride today, so for the rest of the week, I will be riding the Roubaix.

Hmm...enough bike talk I think.  Then there was the visit to the endocrinologist.  She upped my thyro med some, but also told me I am confirmed with Hashimoto's disease.  And since I am significantly anti-GAD positive, I will probably become a type-1 diabetic in the next couple years no matter what I do in regards to diet, weight and exercise.   It's known as LADA, and is classed as an autoimmune problem, thus I am essentially destroying my own Islet cells. This is my older sister's exact scenario.  Ah, the joys of getting older.  Like my sis says, "Getting old, it's not for sissies!"  At least I know about it in advance...

I do want to do a more detailed post about Indy.  He's such a sweetie, and a big ol' goof.  He cracks me up.  He is a pretty quick learner for a stubborn Ridgeback.  I suspect it is the fact he is SO food driven that he will learn anything for a treat.  So keep a watch out for another dog post.  I will try to get some good pics of him, so y'all can learn to love the Ridgie breed like I do.

Enjoy your weekend, folks!  Tonight it's Steak Night!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry DH had all the recumbent trouble. And now the diagnose. Well, like you said, at least you know. Maybe there will be other options that can be found to help put off the diabetes and any other unpleasant symptoms. I pray that all will turn out for good. May there only wellness be in your futures.

    It does sound like Indy is trying to say "I gotta go out ..." :) I hope he learns how to tell you what he wants soon. We live in the country and where able to fence in all the acreage. Then I installed a pet door and included automatic feeders / waterers. Our dogs are so spoiled. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the health concerns, and that your efforts in health don't make much of a difference. Still, I'm sure your health efforts are helping in other arenas!

    Can't wait to hear more about Indy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to hear about your health!

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.