Monday, December 21, 2015

Sometimes you're the chicken, sometimes you're the axe.

Yes, I'm afraid this year the holidays (Christmas and New Years) will be a blur.  Our foundation work got moved up to start tomorrow.  Yay!  It makes for a heck of an expensive birthday present...  Which means the Christmas tree has to come down the day after Christmas...so that next Monday, the paint crew (of 8 guys) can show up to paint the inside of the house.  I'm told this will take approximately 3 days.  After they get done, we get to demo out the rest of the laminate flooring, and our bedroom carpet, so that Jan 4th, the flooring crew arrives to do the new flooring throughout the house.

In addition to that, I have to transport the dogs to (and from) the Ranch where they will stay during the times the work crews will be here (for the dogs sanity and the workers safety).  That's a 3hr round trip each time.

Then we will need dirt and sod for the back yard, and then it is time to list!  So I need to schedule a photo session with our realtor, and get the house listed.  Oh, and lest I forget, we have our anniversary during this whole time too.

All this on top of the normal stuff we do here daily, like conquering Mount Laundry, and trying to keep things clean...And I almost forgot--the dishwasher repair guy is coming back out today to see if he can sort out why my nearly brand new $800 dishwasher doesn't like to wash my dishes!

So if you see me running around like a chicken with my head cut off, now you know why!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! And Happy Dang Anniversary! :D

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.