As Nancy was kind enough to restart R5F a week our do ago, I'm going to make an effort to post to it.
1. We have chickens now. A small backyard flock, all newly hatched from the farm and ranch store. Included are 2 guineas (hopefully both hens...) and 5 pullets, 2 black sex links, 2 production Rhode island reds, and a mystery chick. The plan is to add a few more chicks, if they get in the breed I want.
2. My DH ordered a new tool to help build his wood pile empire. A Fiskars X27 splitting axe. He also ordered a set of the Fiskars ratcheting loping shears that I have wanted since last fall.
3. There seem to be a lot more annoying insects out here, than back in the Metromess. I think we need a bug zapper...I'd hang it on the side of the shop, and draw the bugs over by the chicken coop!
4. We finally got our septic/plumbing issues sorted out. Had to pump the whole tank out. We didn't fill it--we've only been here a month!
5. One of these days, I will be back on the bike I hope. I still need to get either one of them prepped and cleaned to ride. It's only been since early November... Maybe I will do that today.