My R5F post for today will be going up late, since my gear review was so delayed.
1. My exercise and weight loss/maintenance has slacked off this summer and fall, and I am feeling it. I need to get back into portion control, and to get out on the bike or walking the dogs more.
2. DH and I got Jawbone UP bands recently to try to see if it might help us maintain our fitness goals. So far it is interesting, especially to see the sleep data it logs. I'd sleep better if Shiloh would quit wanting out in the middle of the night to hunt rats...
3. We had a good weekend this past one, spending time out at the dog rescue ranch. They had a special event there on Sunday, and we went out early to help with set up on Saturday. I got to talk with Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca from Star Wars) and his wife, about his recent revolutionary double knee replacement surgery. They have a lovely adopted Ridgeback named Scout.
4. The recent time change has also left me more tired than expected, even accounting for Shiloh's antics at night. I guess I just need to get out and ride anyway.
5. I did finally get back on my Giro last night, mostly for a test ride to make sure the bike wasn't concealing any damage from the crash. Turns out the bars are slightly bent, but it's more esthetics than a concern. The bike rode and handled fine. I did ok in the traffic--not too spooked. I've since added a Fibre Flare light to the bike frame, and a "hazard triangle" reflector to the back of the bike. It can't hurt, after all.