Friday, November 8, 2013

A Late Random 5 Friday post 11/08/13

My R5F post for today will be going up late, since my gear review was so delayed.

1.  My exercise and weight loss/maintenance has slacked off this summer and fall, and I am feeling it.  I need to get back into portion control, and to get out on the bike or walking the dogs more.

2.  DH and I got Jawbone UP bands recently to try to see if it might help us maintain our fitness goals.  So far it is interesting, especially to see the sleep data it logs.  I'd sleep better if Shiloh would quit wanting out in the middle of the night to hunt rats...

3.  We had a good weekend this past one, spending time out at the dog rescue ranch.  They had a special event there on Sunday, and we went out early to help with set up on Saturday.  I got to talk with Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca from Star Wars) and his wife, about his recent  revolutionary double knee replacement surgery.  They have a lovely adopted Ridgeback named Scout.

4.  The recent time change has also left me more tired than expected, even accounting for Shiloh's antics at night.  I guess I just need to get out and ride anyway.

5.  I did finally get back on my Giro last night, mostly for a test ride to make sure the bike wasn't concealing any damage from the crash.  Turns out the bars are slightly bent, but it's more esthetics than a concern.  The bike rode and handled fine.  I did ok in the traffic--not too spooked.  I've since added a Fibre Flare light to the bike frame, and a "hazard triangle" reflector to the back of the bike.  It can't hurt, after all.

4 comments:

  1. Chewbacca???? cool.

    Thank you for taking care of yourself - You are So Brave to get back on that bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are thinking safety for the bikes!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are very brave for getting back on your bike and for spending time at the dog rescue,lucky for the dogs that there are people like yourselves bravo for both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed you met Chewbacca. But even more impressive is that you got back out there after your crash. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.