It's been an decent week, but somehow lacking inspiration for R5F this week. I think there may be a thoughtful post trying to work its way to the front of my mind, but it isn't here yet...
1. The weather has taken a turn for the chilly, and we had our first freeze Tuesday night. Die mosquitos! Die fire ants! Die, die, die!!
2. The colder weather makes it more difficult to finish painting the exterior of the house. DH did get up on the roof the other day to paint the chimney housing. Now I have to figure out how to paint under-around-through-over the photinia hedge on the north side. Blech! I say just chainsaw the whole thing down!
3. My kids are discovering the OLD Star Trek series movies. I remember waiting in line to see Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I remember the flyby sequence early in the film, where we saw the Enterprise for the first time, since the TV series was cancelled, the crowd cheering...and the utter disappointment at the crappy recycled plot they chose for the film. The Monkeys are all fans of ST: TNG...and have never seen the original TV shows.
4. We finished reading Freedom Train: The Story of Harriet Tubman this week for school. Her story touched me far more than I had expected. I think I would have liked to have met her, given the chance.
5. My exercise regimen has slipped more this fall, I am sad to report. I am sleeping better these nights, which is good, but feel like I am slipping into hibernation mode. I want and need to get out and get active, but it hasn't been happening. The chill and the dark are taking their toll.