1. Fall colors finally got to north Texas. Yellow is the dominant color, followed by browns, with the few reds being provided by photinia shrubs and Bradford Pears in the subdivisions.
2. This upcoming Thanksgiving, has me pondering those things I am thankful for--those blessings oft not acknowledged unless one is prompted to think on them. I suspect there will be a post next week on blessings received.
3. My Monkeys are pondering an interest in sewing things. Monkey3 wanted a pillow of her own, raided my fabric supplies, and with me showing her how things worked, helped me cut, piece and sew up her pillow. Mostly she ran the "throttle" on the sewing machine whilst I steered... Now Monkey 2 wants one of his own too.
4. Living in DFW it is hard this month to avoid all the JFK-orabelia going on. I don't think there is any good reason to sanctify JFK, though due to an accident of birth, I have always been interested in what happened here, back 50 years ago now.
5. We have a ride scheduled for tomorrow. It's going to be COLD! The high temp of the day is only supposed to be 40F and the winds 15-30mph from the north. Oh and the chance of rain...Neither of us is probably good for more than 40 miles, but the ride is set for 60. I hope we make it! I hope we don't freeze!