Friday, April 12, 2013

Random 5 Fact Friday 04/12/13

Another installment of Random Five Fact Friday!  Today's offerings are sure to be varied.

1.  I'd forgotten how much it can hurt to crash on concrete on your mountain bike.  But I remember now...OUCH!  My knee should be ok...

2.  I'm getting mighty tired of the young dog (aka Shiloh) wanting to go outside at 0:dark:30 most nights, to chase rats and rabbits in the yard.

3.  It is my humble opinion that the US Senate sold us down the river today.

4.  Paul Revere, on his famous ride, did not yell "The British are coming!  The British are coming!"  Think about it--they were all British citizens anyway--they were not Americans, yet.  He would have been warning that "The Regulars (the regular army) are out!"  or "The Redcoats are coming!"

5.  I'm enjoying reading John Ringo's Troy Rising series.  Check it out if you enjoy sci-fi with a strong military flair and a serious tongue-in-cheek attitude.  It's much funnier that the Aldenata series (aka the Posleen Wars).

10 comments:

  1. Oh I do hope your knee is alright. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ach...crashing is no fun. Baby yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i fear for our country. i really do. i know not what is next? ( :

    i have crashed many of times. ouch!! no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking care of yourself - I hope that knee is better already.

    I really like visiting your blog.
    Yep, I try to have back-up plans (as prepared as possible)

    I'm thinking you are a really good neighbor & I'm glad you share with us.
    Happy 5 Day!
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  5. A concrete mountain!? Ouch. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the knee ain't hurt too bad. I hate it when I do that.

    I agree, we've been had by our own side. Again.

    Guns, dogs, bicycles AND a John Ringo fan? Squee! I knew I liked you. Troy Rising is a great series. Did you know that John based the lead character on Howard Taylor of Schlock Mercenary fame?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having just had a serious fall I surely can sympathize with you. Hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.