Friday, April 26, 2013

Random 5 FACT Friday 04/26/13

1.  Possum Kingdom Lake in Texas is a beautiful location.  This time last year, we camped there at Constantine, and saw a ton of beautiful wildflowers (aka ditchweeds).



2.  We ran a hotline (electric) fence around the perimeter of the area in back, where we are trying to get grass to grow.  So far, it seems fairly successful in keeping the dogs out of the dirt.

3.  I haven't been riding the 'bent as much as I should.  I'm not sure why exactly--partly the weather hasn't been as nice as I would like.  Partly I have been busy, and doing some other things.  I hope to get back at it in May.

4.  Patience favors the prepared.  It means we can afford to wait until orders placed in January finally shipped in late April.

5.  One of these days we will have to set the GAP Challenger antenna back up.  Last year a guy line failed, and we dismounted the antenna lest it break in the typical Texas winds.  Last time that happened it was an expensive repair.  Now that we have the guy line, we will need to reset the antenna on its base.  Who knows, maybe we will hear YOU being radio-active sometime down the log...  73's!

8 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful flowers/ cactus. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been busy around home. The wildflowers are pretty even if they are ditchweeds..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that first photo of some type of wild poppy? Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous ditchweeds! I hope your grass grows. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wildflowers are so pretty--I just can't think of them as weeds! :-) I especially like the yellow one among the cacti.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Pops LOVED when the desert bloomed . . . he would gather all of us in the pick-up and take us out into the desert to walk around and enjoy . . . Your photos reminds me of him.
    (Thank You.)

    -g-

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.