Friday, April 17, 2015

My Random Five for 4-17-15

Although Nancy had to give up sponsoring the Random 5 Friday, I have decided to at least share my random five with the world today.

1.  I spent a fair bit of time on the bike this week.  It has been great too.  Sadly, with surgery for next week, I will not be riding outdoors for several months I suspect.  Such is life with bum shoulders

2.Of course, just to complicate things, my diverticulae flared up from too many almonds I think.  I am hoping to calm it down before surgery, otherwise I think the shoulder repair will have to be postponed a week or so.

3.  Being from the KC area originally, I was pleased to see the KC Royals get off to a good start on the MLB season.  And I know my dear friends, with season tix are ecstatic!

4.  Ranger is fitting into the pack dynamic well.  He minds better than most, and is playful with Indy and Shiloh.  Sometimes though, he and Shi will gang up on Indy, and pick on him.  Luckily, we intervene to break up these little squabbles, and Indy is pretty capable of holding his own if it happens outside our view.

5.  We have been getting a nice amount of rain since the end of February.  It is nice to see the ponds and lakes filling back up.  I do hope that Wichita Falls has been getting rain too, as their water levels were scary-low this past year.  But around here, Lake Lavon has gone from -13ft below full pool, to only 3.22ft below full pool.  YAY!

2 comments:

  1. I hope the diverticulae clears up and your surgery goes well. My husband had to have both shoulders repaired. It's a long road of recovery but well worth it. I guess you know there will be no more picking up heavy objects. :) It'll never get better but if you don't overdo lifting, the surgery should be beneficial. I've been feeling better and even started blogging again. Still have a few gloomy days but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. (Wish it looked like a Schnauzer though ... *grin*)
    Have a blessed day! ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear...hope the surgery goes well..do only what allowed to do post surgery!!! good to hear Ranger is a good fit...handsome!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.