1. Yesterday was the 69th anniversary of D-Day. They say we lose some 600 WWII veterans a day...soon I guess there will be none left alive who were there and who fought in that war.
2. Tuesday is the start of the RAAM, Race Across AMerica. As I have gotten back into cycling, this event has captured my imagination, having seen Bicycle Dreams, and chatted with RAAM veterans in person and on the forums. I plan on following Maria Parker, a solo RAAM recumbent rider. She is riding to support the charity 3000 Miles to a Cure, and to honor her sister, who is fighting for her life against brain cancer. Maria is also working with Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure, an organization that has an interesting take on research and funding. Look them up...it is a unique concept, and one that in my mind, has merit.
3. Should any of you folks feel led to support Maria, or even just give her encouragement, I think that would be fantastic! I know she has a Facebook page 3ktoacure, and was hoping to get a lot of "likes" on it. I am hoping her live GPS tracking works well on the ride, as I will enjoy following her progress.
4. I had my hair cut Wednesday. I have not had hair this short since before I got married. DH says he likes it, so I am glad, as I like it too. The Monkeys think it's kinda cool, and the dogs aren't sure what to think, as suddenly "Mom" looks different!
5. My Monkeys liked these yard flowers even better than the pretty picture from yesterday of our day lily.