Today's random thoughts...
1. I really hate sinus headaches! This is day #2 where I have awoken to one.
2. Today is proof again that God loves Texas, or maybe that the .Gov weather machine is broken.... it is raining out there again! A lovely moderate rainfall, in late July....in Texas! It has rained several times in this July, which is unusual. It has also been a significantly cooler summer than normal, despite a couple hot days of 100deg on record.
3. I got my hair cut again yesterday. It had grown too fast after the initial cut and was constantly in my eyes driving me bugnuts. I think it looks much better this time, and is pretty well just what I was looking for. DH said he liked it too, so I guess I am golden!
4. I took a couple pics of myself yesterday, so I could remind the stylist how it looked, next time I go in, in a couple months. Upon looking at them, I thought I looked OLD for the first time...It kind of shocked me--I don't FEEL old (mentally anyway--sometimes I do feel the mileage in the bones). I guess that's what I get for a life in the sun, losing weight (makes for looser skin) and refusing to wear makeup to hide it all.
5. I have errands to run today and bike parts to order. I'm going to order the new bar set up for the Giro, and have a set of Avid BB7 brakes, which should be nicer than the BB5's I am currently running for disc brakes on the bike. I also need to order a box of inner tubes, as we seem to be out...and that could be a problem, with one of us possibly riding the Cleburne Goathead ride tomorrow. There's a reason it's called the Goathead ride...the route is known for having THIS along the roads.