Sorry if today's R5F participation has been a bit delayed.
1. Today some friends from church and scouting, came over to make homemade fishing poles for a scouting requirement. The boys made poles and then we went fishing at the local pond. Pink artificial bait worked well for the girls, but the boys did not fare so well.
Girls: 13 bluegill, 1 red eared slider turtle. (all on homemade poles with pink bait)
Boys: 1 bluegill on artificial bait but on a regular fishing pole. Zero catches on the home made poles.
2. Yours truly caught a pair of bluegill on artificial bait, but using my regular pole.
3. It's a pretty typical hot dry Texas summer so far. Not as hot as the last couple years though, so I am not complaining. It also almost rained here last night...almost! That did cool things off enough to make for a pleasant 25 miles on the bike last night though.
4. If Zimmerman is acquitted, I hope that the social unrest is kept under control. But somehow I doubt it will be, even though law enforcement will do its best to keep a lid on things. I'm not too worried here in NTX, but I'm also not going to take any unnecessary risks either.
5. I find it interesting that the compromise in Colorado about the magazine ban, apparently has rendered the new law utterly irrelevant. Mag compromise. (next to last paragraph is the relevant bit.)
I can't think of any pistol or rifle magazines with a fixed base plate, that carry more than 7-8 rounds (1911) anyway...can you?