Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tasty cornbread!

Quick recipe alert!  Spicy cornbread for dinner!  (sorry all, no pics of this, as it did not survive dinner!)  It's not gourmet, but it is GOOD!

Ingredients;
2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
2/3C milk
2 eggs
1 small can chopped green chilis
1/2-2/3C shredded PepperJack cheese
2/3-1C shredded cheddar cheese

Dump it all into the pan and mix it well, then pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 400F for about 15min.  Then turn off the oven, and let it sit for another 15-20min (but don't let it burn, just brown nicely).  Cut into slabs, serve warm with butter.

Goes well with chili, smoked pork country ribs, grilled corn on the cob, and other tasty items!

1 comment:

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.