This week's installment of Random Facts.
1. It's May already, and I really don't know where the year is speeding off to. So much to do, and so little time it seems to get it all done.
2. I really need to unpack the tent to make sure it is dry from camping last weekend. The fly and tarp are dried already, but the tent footprint I am sure is damp (plastic), and it wouldn't hurt to check the body of the tent. It's just difficult to wrangle it when it is windy out, without a second Big Person around.
3. The Monkeys planted petunias out front. They look really nice, now that they have recovered from the transplant shock.
4. If you love animals and want a pet--be it a cat or dog, or something more exotic, please consider adopting from a rescue organization. Most of them operate on a shoestring budget, and do what they do for a love of the animals, not for the money. You CAN find purebred animals in rescue, you CAN find puppies/kittens (though babies are often more work than folks remember)...but please consider an adult animal.
5. The Monkeys decided to set snares and rat traps in the back yard this week. So far the rats destroyed all the fishing line snares, and the snap traps scored one dead rat! No, I didn't take a picture of the dead rat.