This week's installment of Random 5 Facts...
You never know when the Muse will strike you, nor when it will be fickle and desert your brain totally! Today seem like one of those uninspired days.
1. I picked up a news story that TIGHAR has found a sonar anomaly in the area they strongly suspect contains the wreckage of Amelia Earhart's Lockheed Electra. These folks do fascinating research into old plane wrecks, and I have been casually following their site for years now. Explore their website--it's full of all sorts of interesting information!
2. Packet Pickup for my upcoming bike ride is this weekend. I need to go collect my goodies, and also snag DH another set of bike gloves as he has worn out a pair already. Hmm...seems like Pearl Izumi quality has taken a turn for the worse, as he has only had this pair for a year. Granted, they were not the top 'o the line gloves, but I still expected more life from them.
3. We're supposed to get our new smartphones today. Our old contract expired and it is time to upgrade I think. Hopefully we will have chosen wisely, as we will be using these phones for the forseeable future!
4. I am not satisfied with the results of my attempts at cooking Chinese Food. The kids seem to like it, but I'm generally not happy. Maybe it's just I don't like Teriyaki?
5. The Monkeys are thoroughly enjoying the pool already, despite that the water isn't all that warm yet. Kids...enjoying a pool....go figure!