1. This weekend, Friday-Sunday, in Petsmart's National Adoption Weekend. I think the Monkeys and I will be going out to Alliance to help our friends hold their Adoption Days rally there. The dogs will appreciate the extra attention, and that frees up the adults to talk with potential adopters too.
2. They keep promising a warm-up in our local weather by the weekend. I'm not sure I believe them! However at least we dodged the latest round of ice and snow that was predicted for Mon-Tues this week. Others were not so lucky.
3. I learned something today (Wednesday). I had never before heard of this woman, Irena Sendlerowa, or her dedication to saving infants and children from the Warsaw Ghetto. I sit here, humbled by this little old Polish lady...
***Numerous internet websites have posted much incorrect information. Irena was not German, She didn't know the Nazis' plans, she was not a plumbing specialist (she was a social worker), Most of the children saved were not babies, she used a tool box several times at most, the truck wasn't hers. Her legs were fractured-not broken, her arms were not broken. The dog was only used a few times, Her name was Irena not Iliana and there are several other mistakes. The Nobel Peace Prize is given for achievement during the past several years, Irena knew this and asked not to be nominated. The Nobel Committee encouraged her nomination to give her more recognition. She was a big fan of Al Gore.
4. We had plans, DH & I to go out to dinner Friday for Valentines, since we had some gift cards for a particular restaurant. However, we forgot to make reservations in a timely manner... Readers and friends, do you have any special plans with a special someone, for today? (maybe I'll buy him a box of ammo...nothing says "I love you!" like a box of ammo!)
5. The Random 5 muse is not with me this week I guess. I hate it when the blogging muse goes AWOL. Does that ever happen to you?