Saturday, January 4, 2014

Bacon Flu 2014!

Yes, Round #1 of the H1N1 Bacon Flu has struck Casa Monkeywrangler.  DH is down with it, hard.  It hits fast and hard, so folks, if you did not get your vaccine yet, please consider one.  The Monkeys and I have had ours, but not DH.  However ours were very recent and may not yet provide adequate protection.  Time will tell.

Lucky for us, DH's doc was able to work us in yesterday evening, and DH popped a positive test for Influenza A, aka Swine Flu.  Because we were prompt in getting him to the doc, they were able to put him on an antiviral, which should shorten the duration of his discomfort.  At least this all hit on a Friday, which gives us at least 48hrs to get him back on his feet for Monday's work day.  Yes, there's no such thing as "sick leave" with his employer...you have to file FMLA, which then despite the doctor completing all the papers, and noting the contraindications of driving while taking certain meds, HR will deny the FMLA, forcing you into Leave Without Pay, or burning vacation time.  Joy, oh joy....

5 comments:

  1. Ratz!!! Be Well - My Thoughts Are With You.

    (what's up with this odd employer???
    I'm surprised to hear about this lack of compassion . . . 'nuff said.)

    Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...the bank, towards the end of my career, eliminated sick time...everything became PTO...paid time off...based on years of service and job title. Swine flu is a rough one...hang in and hope you're shot works!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope he is better very soon. That's not fun to deal with. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flu is awful. Hope he feels better soon andthe rest of you stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DH took a vacation day today as he still had a fever. He is improvingi think, but it is a slow process. I seem to be on, just a LOT more tired than I ought to be. Not sure what's up with that...

    This bout of illness has set back or patio project by a week at least.

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.