Linking up with A Rural Journal for another installment of Random 5 Friday.
1. Weather here has been alternately cold and on the warmer side of the 60's. I wish it would make up its mind...one way or the other.
2. DH and I are going to be getting back into the biking thing after a couple month hiatus. We both want/need to be back on the bikes. Plus, with the tandem we can at last do some rides together without a mismatch of speeds...and after a 2mo layoff the bike, our speeds are wildly different!
3. We have taken on a home improvement project. We have torn out our old nasty wooden decking in back, with the intent of laying a nice paver patio. The eventual plan is to build a roofed structure over most of the paver patio, to provide shade, and a place to spend time outside with friends in the evening, with ceiling fans in the structure (think like a gazebo), a fire pit, and of course the BBQ smoker will have a pad of its own to sit on!
4. We had a nice Christmas, just the immediate family. I got some super nice things, including a Freiling coffee press, a Spyderco Street Beat, a book on breads and home made Christmas ornaments from the kids!
5. And amidst all the hooyah in the media and government about this latest snowstorm currently plowing its way across the northern tier and into New England, I observe that it is January, here in the northern hemisphere, which equates to WINTER! It's supposed to be snowy up north in the WINTER! With the sun in a significant solar minimum cycle which is supposed to continue apparently, what exactly were they expecting weather-wise? A balmy 72*F in Green Bay? Gimme a break...