Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bacon! Chocolate covered bacon!

Yes, such a thing as chocolate covered bacon exists!  Fall Festival chow, I might add, but apparently it is a favorite on some of the BBQ competition circuits, based on the sign on the trailer selling it.

I saw their sign, and immediately thought of one of my favorite bloggers, Brigid, who is well known for her love of bacon, among other things!

Brigid, that's Big "B" BBQ, in case they ever come up Indy-way!

The bacon was thick cut, and crispy, then dunked in a molten chocolate mix.  The result was sweet and savory, with enough chocolate taste to compliment the bacon flavor.  I enjoyed it thoroughly!  However, I think it would be even better if made with a seriously dark semi sweet chocolate instead.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine recently went to the Iowa state fair where they had fried butter on a stick (he didn't partake). It made the NY Times...

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.