Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Annual Lung Crud

What a difference a year makes....this time last year I had not yet gone to the doc for what turned out to basically be walking pneumonia.  Instead, I went out for a 50+mi bike ride in the cold, and made things worse.

This year, on NYE, I detected the low deep barky cough when I woke up, and mentioned it to Dave, who has been fighting off the flu and a respiratory infection.  I think I said something mildly sarcastic, like "Thanks Love, now I've got it."  But in the afternoon, after determining it wasn't going away but was instead worsening, I went to the doc.  I got some meds, yay, and started the Zpack to kill off whatever was trying to build a condo in my lungs.  It's the color and approximate consistency of flan...y'all know what flan is, right?
Easy Flan Recipe

I'm now on day 3 of the Zpack and while the fever is now gone I think, and the cough is controlled and not spastic, I still feel like crap.  I can't tell if the abdominal discomfort is due to hunger, or queasyness.  I am not really hungry, which tells me right there, I am not well, but food still tastes good, and I enjoy it when inspired to eat some.

I am desperate to get back on the bike and start riding.  I just fear doing so will make things worse.  The last thing I want is to make this crud worse.  I signed up for some sort of distance challenge on Strava.  I hope I am well enough soon enough to start riding for it.  Dave at least, went out for a morning ride and his usual commute today.  I hope he doesn't induce a relapse too.

Here's hoping the rest of y'all out there are healthier than I, and are having fun doing those things you enjoy. 
Happy New Year (a day late!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.