Monday, January 12, 2015

Right now I am so far behind...

You've all seen that Calvin & Hobbes cartoon I'm sure, where Calvin says, "God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  Right now I am so far behind, I will never die!"  Well that's how I feel, regarding my cycling goal...

Yep. the weather has not been cooperating (nor has my dishwasher, but that's another story) for riding.  My goal was for 84mi/week.  By now, I should be at or close to 168mi for the year just to stay on track for my total mileage goal.  I have 40.  Period.  Yeah, I'm not happy.

It's been cold, and wet, intermittently icy, and dreary cloudy, and occasionally windier than I consider safe (30+mph).  Makes for lousy and somewhat unsafe cycling, especially the wet in the cold.  I do NOT want to crash!  Do you know how slick those road paint stripes and crosswalks get, when they're just a little bit wet, and coated with a faint film of motor oil?  Slicker 'n snot on a hot day!

If the sun would just break through the clouds,  it would really help.  I know, I know, if wishes were horses, then beggars would ride.  I should just suit up and go anyway, once the roads dry off.  Maybe I will.  Or maybe I'll just stay home, lift weights, and wait for the call to come that the new dishwasher is ready to pick up.

It could be worse I guess.  The worst thing so far to happen this year, is my less-than-2 year-old dishwasher died.  ( It may be the impeller pump, or more likely the logic board--I checked and disassembled everything else in it yesterday, trust me!) We avoided ice storms, and dentists, unlike a good friend in blogosphere.  DH's Borg Implant is working well, and giving us a world of new data to play with.  It's really interesting, actually.  It has already caused DH to change what he puts in his morning cup of coffee.  Heck, I even got to the pool last Thursday for a swim!

So, y'all stay safe, and warm, ok?  And be sure to check out DH's Borg Implant, it really is cool.


2 comments:

  1. you mean there's a different way to feel? who knew??? I reckon God is keeping me on the farm because He knows it'll take every last ounce of strength for me to pack and move.
    so what does he put in his coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a hard time of year for goals. I have had to resort to the treadmill for all my runs except one the past 2 weeks. I don't care for treadmill running, and tend to cut the runs short because I get bored. But hey, spring will be here one day, right?!?

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.