Thursday, May 5, 2016

Random 5 Friday May 6 2016

Linking up at www.aruraljournal.blogspot.com for Random 5 Friday.

1.  I got our wood chipper (from the auction) back from the small engine repair shop.  Motor runs fine now, but sadly the blades are so dull that it isn't really chipping anything.  So we opted to burn the brush piles.

2.  We suffered our first chicken loss yesterday.  Pepper, one of the two Barred Rock chicks died.  She had been a little "off" the last few days, but we don't know why.  Hopefully it isn't contagious.

3.  In a belated celebration of Earth Day, w are burning the huge brush pile from our downed tree to make ah to improve the soils for our big garden!

4.  We plan on finishing the chicken coop this weekend.  The chicks will appreciate the extra space, and DH will be happy to get his shop space back.

5.  DH is quite good at splitting wood by axe o.r maul.  I'd like to learn/get better at it.  Maybe the new Fiskars axe will work for me.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your chicken and certainly hope it wasn't /isn't contagious! I was never any good at chopping wood with an axe but could help with the log splitter when we had it...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always sad when you lose a bird and you don't know why... Happy belated Mother's Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always unsettling to lose a chicken for unknown reasons. Hope everyone else is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented that I was happy that you weathered the storm okay without anything really terrible happening. But it didn't post. Or you didn't post it. I'm wondering if you're mad at me for some reason? I did ask you twice about the Smoky Mountain creams, but you didn't answer so now I'm not sure what's up... I hope I haven't offended you, but I won't know unless you tell me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pix, I thought I published your comments. I told it to publish anyway...I only delete spammers.

      Ii use the SMN progesterone cream. I have used the estrogen cream but settled on the progesterone instead.

      We weathered the storm with hail damage to the vehicles, and maybe the roof. Everything else is ok.

      You have given no offense, I really enjoy your comments, esp. as we have certain aspects of our lives in common.

      Delete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.