Friday, September 8, 2017

She will fly again!

The Grumman Guardian undergoing restoration at Toco TX.  I spoke to a woman who was cleaning one of the aircraft there at the airfield.  She told me that yes, the Burchinals are restoring the Grumman to flight status!  Once done, it will be the only flying example of the Guardian in the world.

As seen above, the air frame has been stripped and primed, and the prop remounted.  I was told the plane was trucked to Toco in several large pieces, as it was not flightworthy at the time.  As you can see, it has been reassembled.  I can't wait to see how this project comes together!


The SNJ is still flying apparently too!  I got these nice pics of it at Toco.  It was parked just across from the Grumman.  I am pretty sure it is the same SNJ referenced in this blog post by someone who took lessons at Toco back in the 1970's.  Soloing the Mustang.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.