Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Thus Endeth The Drought


Going to need to empty this soon!

Almost 5 inches of rain in the last 24hrs, with lots more forecast this week.  The ponds are overflowing, the roads are swamped, and hopefully the main route into town is not under water so that DH can make it home tonight!  Add to it, the temps dropped precipitously yesterday, from a high in the 70's to the mid 40's in less than two hours.  Today, it has struggled to make it into the lower 40's.  But it could be worse....at least it's NOT an ice storm!


Update:  Since I posted this, we have gotten an additional 5 inches of rain.  Lots of small creeks are flooding, but the sump pump kept us dry here.

3 comments:

  1. Damn! That's a LOT of rain! And it was 75F here today and tomorrow it'll be 40ish. With rain in the forecast. At least I don't have to shovel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the way home tonight I spotted a big wooden boat full of animals float by, that just might be a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for staying dry! Such a LOT of Rain. whew!
    Thank you for knowing about those crazy gum ball things . . . and the picker-uppers -
    You so totally rock.

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.