Friday, March 30, 2018

Just when you thought...

Just when you thought things were looking up...DH sent me a text this morning, after heading to work in the Honda, that he'd need a ride home. What?? Apparently on the drive in, the electronics in the car died.  Then as he limped it to the garage, and parked, it would not restart.  This sounds eerily familiar...as the Tundra did something like that back in 2016.  Not starting, electronics being goofy, engine dying whilest driving it... That turned out to ultimately be a $400 new alternator.  Bugger!  If it does turn out to be the alternator, I'm going to try the local alternator repair shop and see if they can fix us up for a LOT less money.

Tomorrow is National Stop The Bleed Day.  STB is a government program to teach anybody how to treat a human hydraulic fluid leak quickly (aka stopping the bleeding (hydraulic fluid)).  We're doing one of the classes tomorrow with a friend or two.  It should be fun, and involve consumption of Rudy's Breakfast Tacos!  If you've never had a first aid class, or if it has been a while, I highly recommend you check out the Red Cross offerings in your area as a place to start.  Then, remember next year, to sign up for a class on National Stop The Bleed Day.  They are often free, and may help you safe a life if you ever are in a trauma situation.  Think trauma won't happen to you?  Kitchen knives, broken glass, car crashes, chainsaw or table saw accidents...there are a myriad of ways to start bleeding.  It is a wise person who learns the best ways to Stop The Bleed!

I'm also miffed at the USPS.  No, not our local post office, but rather the Dallas Hub.  They've lost or delayed at least 3 packages of mine this week.  Most of them arrived in Dallas on Monday.  One I snagged Wednesday by getting the local super to pull it from the packages pile.  The others have never made it the 100 miles from D to here.  One has bounced repeatedly between the Coppell hub and the Dallas hub all week.  They KNOW it is supposed to come to Paris, because I'm seeing the item in my USPS Informed Delivery account (yes the PO will send you daily emails of your incoming mail and packages if you sign up for it).  One should arrive today, but the other is medicine that would be nice to get, before I run out!  Thank God it isn't DH's insulin being lost/delayed!  That would be ruined by now.  If you didn't know, insulin needs to be refrigerated until opened for use.  Once opened or warm, it's only good for 28 days.  Color me grumpy, this is the first bad service we've had in two years from USPS.

Well, time I guess to head into town to see what I can do for the Honda.  Maybe I can jump start it.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your car issues! And delivery troubles with the USPS... Crazy! Hope it all works out. I only ever see signs for Blood Drives and CPR classes around here. Have fun at STB tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.