Monday, August 13, 2018

Rain at last!

It's been a hot, dry summer here.  Not unusual in Texas, but this week we caught a break.  Since Wednesday, we have had 1.75" rain, most of that falling today.  If the current band of rain would just drift about ten miles east, we'd probably get another 2-3"!

Still, the Silverado Sage is blooming like mad, a good indicator of rain incoming.  I'm both ecstatic over the rain, and the cooler (relatively speaking) temps.  I find I am secretly hoping for an early Fall.

My current home project is to get some of the rooms here repainted.  We had originally thought to go with a shade of blue, but since we decided not to replace the laminate, we changed our paint plan, and are just using the regular Navajo White color which is already in most of the house.  It's simple, attractive, and I already have a couple gallons of it.





3 comments:

  1. I had to look up Silverado Sage to see what it looks like. Does it smell as yummy as it looks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish I could send you some of the rain we've had...7 straight days but Mother Nature is in charge. As for your paint choice, I would have made the same decision....:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you not getting notifications of comments again? Or email?

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.