Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Rainy Christmas!

You wouldn't think that getting woken up by the thundering herd of Monkeys at around midnight, 03:something, and 04:55 would be a pleasant experience on what is technically, Christmas morning...but it was!  Partly due to their unrestrained joy, and mostly due to the lovely thunder and lightning I was also greeted with several times during the wakeful moments.

Yes, a wet cold rainy wonderful Christmas is mine!  It is raining here in NTX, finally.  It rained slush earlier for a brief downpour, and currently is settling into a nice steady fall.  We need it badly here.  Enough so, that I do not mind the fact that the dogs will all have Monster Feet today.  3/4" of rain so far on the weather page I use. 

It gets even better, maybe!  We should have snow falling by this afternoon, or so the weatherguessers say.  It'll be too wet and muddy in my backyard for the Monkeys to go out and play in, and we are not supposed to see more than 1-2" here.  But still, it rarely snows in DFW, and even less frequently on Christmas day!

The ham-bone is boiling on the stove for Ham & Bean soup for Christmas dinner, following the sausage, biscuits and gravy breakfast.  I might even get inspired to bake bread...maybe!  It should make for a pleasant Christmas meal.

The weather in your AO might be frightful, and this big ol' storm is supposed to wreak havoc on other parts of the country.  So stay safe, and if you don't have to go out in it, don't!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.