Monday, January 4, 2016

My, how time flies...

when you're having fun!  17 years ago yesterday, I was blessed to marry my special person, my Marine.  I was warmly taken into his family, they became family to me.

Like most (any?) life-commitment, it has not always been smooth or easy.   There have been rough patches,  job changes, kids,  a doctor who uttered the immortal phrase , "Oops, I must've cut the wrong thing! ", surgeries and scares  along our shared path.

But we have been blessed.  Blessed in more ways than I can give voice to here.  Our kids are healthy.  We can afford to share our home with dogs we love.   DH has a good job.  We are finally getting our chance to live a more rural lifestyle, something we have both sought since before that day,  17 years ago.

This whole moving process is coming to a head at last.  We should be on the market a week from Monday.  The process has seen us spending several nights a week apart, as DH can't afford the time to commute 170+miles each day.  While neither of us particularly enjoy being parted, it's just something we have to put up with for a little while longer.

I just know how lucky and blessed I am to have DH as my husband.  I shall be forever content, with him in my life, however long my life may be.

3 comments:

  1. God Bless You and Yours! It's so wonderful to read your posts. I'm so happy for you and excited for the adventure you're about to embark on. Happiest Happy Anniversary! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are awesome. Happy Anniversary!! I'm blessed to be able to call you and D my friends.

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.