Monday, April 14, 2014

Blood Moon Tetrad begins

Tonight begins a series of four total eclipses of the moon within the next 18 months.  A total eclipse of the moon is commonly known as a Blood Moon, because the moon appears a deep reddish color when the eclipse is at its maximum.

Some folks feel that this will precipitate major social upheavals, or even more dramatic, the End Times.  While I do not subscribe to that particular belief, I do find it somewhat ironic that tomorrow is Tax Day, April 15th in the USA.

Though it is rather chilly here today, what with a big front that came through last night, it is supposed to be clear skies by 10pm, well before the eclipse begins.  Temps overnight are forecast to freeze here (29F for the low).  However it is a chance for the Monkeys to see a neat astronomical event.

After DH made me aware of tonight's eclipse, I asked the Monkeys if they wanted to get up/stay up to witness it.  The cacophony of affirmations was funny.  M1 expressed a sincere desire to see the event.  M2 expressed a desire for lots of coffee in order to stay up.  (he is the early sleeper/early riser in the family).  M3 wanted caffeinated soda and pizza to eat all night long.

Since somebody just returned to work from being off on disability (remember the CPAP?), and doesn't need to lose a night's sleep mucking about with Monkeys and an eclipse, I guess I will be the one trying to stay up all night!  It could be fun.  It will be exhausting.  Thank goodness I am a night owl at heart.

Come to think of it, perhaps it would be a good idea to roast some coffee beans for myself.  And maybe sneak in a nap today too...  If I am feeling generous, and if they behave well today, I might be persuaded to get a freezer pizza and a 2L of Dr Pepper for us all to share.  It could be a party of sorts if they are quiet enough to not wake DH up.

If you want to know if you will be able to see this lunar eclipse,(assuming clear skies) this link will tell you.  Eclipse viewing.

3 comments:

  1. Even if it's not the End Times, the date still makes it a day of reckoning. (Must pay your taxes so Magilla & O'Blamer can go on more multi-million dollar vacations!) My Hubby needs no excuse to stay awake (he hates to sleep) and would like to stay up even without an eclipse. Regrettably, we have rain bearing down on us in SE Georgia. I doubt we'll see so much as a sliver of moon. Hope y'all have a wonderful evening one way or 'tother. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vic, thanks for the head's up on the Blood Moon. John Hagee has a book out on this topic. I'm of the opinion we're all living in end times because, sooner or later, our times will end. I'm not being sarcastic; it's more that I've got a full plate without going off the deep end re. end times. Like Daddy says, "I'm ready to go but I'm not homesick."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cloudy skies are going to ruin our view!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.